Shoppers Advantage - Scammed by Great Fun & maybe Spirit Air

Dont sign up with Shoppers advantage or Great Fun, they mislead you and charge you for two different memberships without telling you.I signed up for Great Fun through a purchase at Spirit Airlines and next thing you know Im getting charged from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage.

The two companies are affiliated and sign you up at the same time for the other one making you think it is only one monthly fee you are paying. Then you call them and they both point the finger at the other one as to who is at fault. Spirit Airlines should not allow them to promote anything through the purchase of their airfare.

Spirit Airlines you lost a customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients.

d6d83d3 review #331062
46 Helpful? 3
Had the same issue22 Comments18 Report
Had an experience with Shoppers Advantage?  Submit review about this company

Oct 28

I agree, i will never book with Spirit Airlines again!

Sid

Oct 15

Wow, they offered me $50 rebate and while talking to her, I made her repeat the promotion offer again and again, she got annoyed by me. But the representatives are well trained robots they keep saying the same terms and conditions. And that tipped me off, and after annoying her for few min I said i dont want it. If you have extra time call them... and have fun...

PissedoffinTX

Oct 13

Same thing happened to me. Shoppers advantage charges appeared on a credit card that my wife rarely uses. Total charges were $186.89. Total scam -- I never got an email or bill showing that my wife was part of this "great, money saving club". Come to find out that if you book through Spiritair, the rebate you get comes with this membership..... Don't let them get away with this. Shame on you Spirit Airlines! You just lost a customer!!!

pissedoffinTX

Oct 13

PS - Shoppers advantage did rebate my $186.89. Don't give up....ask for the supervisor 1-800-526-4848

Agnes

Oct 04 Chicago, Illinois

I did the same thing via Spirit promotion with Great Fun. Fact, I did recieve $100 back but noticed that even though I have cancelled with Great Fun before the end of the promotional period I started to get charged $16.99 from TLG shopper advantage. I called them and was told that a third party, namely Spirit Airlines signed me up for this without my knowledge. I say we, the scammed ones, should gather and get a lawyer and start a lawsuit against Spirit/Great Fun/TLG Shopper advantage. Who's in? Is anyone doing that already? Contact me at agamoe@yahoo.com

Sep 18

What is the number to get it canceled does anyone know I lost it!!!!!! I need it asap email me micalovelyish@gmail.com

Aug 13 Miami, Florida

The same thing happened to me, once you sign to Great Fun, they sign you up to Shoppers Advantage without you knowing it, so if you do not cancel this service, that of course you do not know you have, they will start debiting your debit or credit card automatically. Beware and Spirit Airlines should be ashamed to lead their customers into this scam.

Jonathan

May 30

exactly the same thing happened to me. Of course I called my credit card company to let them know about this scam!

msan5800

Mar 14

The same thing happened to me. After cancelling the GREAT Fun, which I stupidly signed up through a purchase at Spirit Airlines. I cancelled this service after two weeks. Now, months later, I am getting a charge to my credit card by this service "ShoppersAdvantage" which I don't recall signing up nor have EVER used.
I am disputing the charge with my credit card.

Mike

Nov 06, 2013

Spirit airlines is the biggest scam. I payed $88.98 for a flight from ny to ft lauderdale and then you have to pay $35 for a carry on, another $5-10 to print your ticket at airport and you have to pay for drinks and snacks on board.. It's ridiculous. I am only flying with Jet blue from now on. I hope spirit airlines goes out of business you crooks.

kaji

Oct 11, 2013 Irving, Texas

Spirit Airlines you lost another customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients. more over I did not get the $25 rebate, just lost some dollars.

Flyboy

Aug 20, 2013

Thank you! I nearly signed up but got confused while talking with Great Deal.

Anna

Nov 01, 2012

I was thinking about it but thought of google just in case. Thanks to your comments, I skipped the headache.

4 1 Reply
Emily

Aug 29, 2012

So I'm not the only one!!! This is a total scam and incredibly annoying. They called me after I bought (incredibly overpriced) concert tickets and then somehow I got billed by BOTH Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage. I had to cancel my debit card because I thought they would keep charging me!! They trick you into thinking its one company, nope, now I have two 'bills' for over $40...seriously?? I don't have time for this, when they called a second time I tried to cancel and guess what? They just hung up on me. WOW; DO NOT ANSWER THESE PEOPLE!!!

Wes

Aug 27, 2012

Just discovered today that I fell prey to the exact same scam via the purchase of concert tickets over a year ago. Was apparently signed up for Great Fun (I was told about this) and Shoppers Advantage (did not know about this one), and within the allotted time cancelled the Great Fun membership (email from them worked just fine). Have never received anything from Shoppers Advantage but they have been charging my CC $17 per month for a year. They claim they have been sending emails to me, none of which I have ever received. Stay away from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage!!!!!! They are SCAMMING the public.

Doris

Aug 22, 2012

Months ago my husband got hooked into signing up for Great Fun. It took weeks to get this all cancelled. We even got a new credit card number to prevent their fraudulent billing,but they got the new account number somehow and began billing us for Shoppers Advantage. This is pure fraud. Mu credit card company, today, blocked them for ever billing us again.

roti

Aug 01, 2012

While waiting for the confirmation page to upload on Spirit Airlines a window appeared saying to call 1-888-800-5241 to receive a $20 rebate towards this ticket. When I called a representative by the name of T------ Washinton informed me that it was a free promotion just for choosing Spirit. She then offered me travel rewards I said "NO I DO NOT WISH TO SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING" She then proceeded to recite the promotion again saying it was "ONLY $1". Again I said "NO NOT INTERESTED". I checked my credit card transactions and it showed a $2 charge pending in addition to the airfare charge. I quickly alerted my credit card fraud department. Please beware! Shame on you Spirit Airlines

3 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.