Shoppers Advantage - Scammed by Great Fun & maybe Spirit Air

Dont sign up with Shoppers advantage or Great Fun, they mislead you and charge you for two different memberships without telling you.I signed up for Great Fun through a purchase at Spirit Airlines and next thing you know Im getting charged from Great Fun and Shoppers Advantage.

The two companies are affiliated and sign you up at the same time for the other one making you think it is only one monthly fee you are paying. Then you call them and they both point the finger at the other one as to who is at fault. Spirit Airlines should not allow them to promote anything through the purchase of their airfare.

Spirit Airlines you lost a customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients.

review #331062
6 65 Helpful?
Had the same issue46 Comments25
Had an experience with Shoppers Advantage?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 09 #993198 New Kensington, Pennsylvania

You fools.... I have been using Spirit Airlines from Latrobe, PA to Myrtle Beach, SC for the past 3 years. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with them. For the guy who complained about all the fees; you clearly don't understand their "BareFare" experience. You purchase the bare minimum ticket and add your accessories, including your seat location, carry on (its free if it fits under the seat), and snacks (that you get for free if you pay the $25 extra to fly First Class.) Its not rocket science with these companies either. They are not scammers, they are simply other businesses who are also into making money (I mean what company wants to give free money away?) I signed up for the GreatFun company today and I know that if I cancel within the 30 day period, my $50 check is mine AND I don't have to pay the $16.95 per month fee. ALSO, the disclosure that they ramble off is an approval for the Shoppers Advantage, which I had the opportunity to not approve. If people actually listened, there wouldn't be anything to *** about.

3 0 Reply

1 day ago #1012520

I was going to say the same thing they made it very very clear that you needed to cancel within 30 days.

May 03 #979451

Never sign up for the "Great fun" although the $50 is appealing. Spirit should not work with those suck third party. I called the "Great fun" guy, and he repeated the terms for me couple of time, and they were all very blurring. Then he asked me for my credit card info eagerly. I did not gave him which made him super unhappy, and hanged my phone, yes, hanged without letting keep asking questions. Suck "great fun".

hola33168

Feb 11 #944266 Miami, Florida

Then you guys arent paying attention to what they are saying. I have signed up 3 times and always cancel before the trial period is over and I still received the form to request my $50 check for the flights. All three times with no issue.
Before you conspiracy theorist I dont work for either company.

7 0 Reply

Oct 28, 2014 #892146

I agree, i will never book with Spirit Airlines again!

Sid

Oct 15, 2014 #885308

Wow, they offered me $50 rebate and while talking to her, I made her repeat the promotion offer again and again, she got annoyed by me. But the representatives are well trained robots they keep saying the same terms and conditions. And that tipped me off, and after annoying her for few min I said i dont want it. If you have extra time call them... and have fun...

PissedoffinTX

Oct 13, 2014 #884041

Same thing happened to me. Shoppers advantage charges appeared on a credit card that my wife rarely uses. Total charges were $186.89. Total scam -- I never got an email or bill showing that my wife was part of this "great, money saving club". Come to find out that if you book through Spiritair, the rebate you get comes with this membership..... Don't let them get away with this. Shame on you Spirit Airlines! You just lost a customer!!!

pissedoffinTX

Oct 13, 2014 #884042

PS - Shoppers advantage did rebate my $186.89. Don't give up....ask for the supervisor 1-800-526-4848

Agnes

Oct 04, 2014 #879926 Chicago, Illinois

I did the same thing via Spirit promotion with Great Fun. Fact, I did recieve $100 back but noticed that even though I have cancelled with Great Fun before the end of the promotional period I started to get charged $16.99 from TLG shopper advantage. I called them and was told that a third party, namely Spirit Airlines signed me up for this without my knowledge. I say we, the scammed ones, should gather and get a lawyer and start a lawsuit against Spirit/Great Fun/TLG Shopper advantage. Who's in? Is anyone doing that already? Contact me at agamoe@yahoo.com

2 0 Reply

Mar 24 #962897

How long did it take to get your check?

Lawandorder

Apr 13 #971275 Houston, Texas

I smell a class action law suit getting cooked. Go for it!

Sep 18, 2014 #872309

What is the number to get it canceled does anyone know I lost it!!!!!! I need it asap email me micalovelyish@gmail.com

Jun 10 #993505

1877 488 9480

Aug 13, 2014 #856123 Miami, Florida

The same thing happened to me, once you sign to Great Fun, they sign you up to Shoppers Advantage without you knowing it, so if you do not cancel this service, that of course you do not know you have, they will start debiting your debit or credit card automatically. Beware and Spirit Airlines should be ashamed to lead their customers into this scam.

Jonathan

May 30, 2014 #821926

exactly the same thing happened to me. Of course I called my credit card company to let them know about this scam!

msan5800

Mar 14, 2014 #794918

The same thing happened to me. After cancelling the GREAT Fun, which I stupidly signed up through a purchase at Spirit Airlines. I cancelled this service after two weeks. Now, months later, I am getting a charge to my credit card by this service "ShoppersAdvantage" which I don't recall signing up nor have EVER used.
I am disputing the charge with my credit card.

Mike

Nov 06, 2013 #738644

Spirit airlines is the biggest scam. I payed $88.98 for a flight from ny to ft lauderdale and then you have to pay $35 for a carry on, another $5-10 to print your ticket at airport and you have to pay for drinks and snacks on board.. It's ridiculous. I am only flying with Jet blue from now on. I hope spirit airlines goes out of business you crooks.

kaji

Oct 11, 2013 #727943 Irving, Texas

Spirit Airlines you lost another customer to a company/s who are scamming your clients. more over I did not get the $25 rebate, just lost some dollars.

Oct 01, 2013 #724340 Stone Mountain, Georgia

thanks so much. I googled while waiting on hold for these folks. I appreciate the sharing. :)

6 0 Reply
Flyboy

Aug 20, 2013 #703354

Thank you! I nearly signed up but got confused while talking with Great Deal.

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.