Shoppers Advantage - TLG Shopper

Issue not resolved

TLG shopper charged my account without ever sending out info about what they do, so I have looked all over the internet for a phone number.I got lucky, if anyone needs a number to call TLG Shoppers here it is 1-800-256-4848.

They will give you a confirmation number when you cancel with them keep it for just in case they still charge you.

I was told on the phone that they sent info but never did, they try to get me to stay with them for another 30 days with a promise of a $50 check to be sent to me.I told them no thank you, keep your money and just cancel my membership.

ef4eecf review #292990
100 Helpful? 75
Had the same issue46 Comments94 Report
Had an experience with Shoppers Advantage?  Submit review about this company
PW1

Jan 03 Seattle, Washington

OMG. This scream scam! My mom has been paying $19.97? For something she has no idea what for. She would NEVER authorize this auto deduction cuz, well...she doesn't speak English!!

Aug 21, 2014

These a-holes are just a rip-off. I'm calling the Attorney General of Ohio tomorrow, 8-22-14. Because they said that they would give my money back if I wanted to cancel. They did not!!!

Not Okay

Aug 13, 2014

I called 800-526-4848 and informed them that they were fraudulently extracting payments directly from my bank account. they apologized and said "I understand what you're feeling" a few times. She said that she is going to take care of everything right now and send me all the information on the services that comes with the membership. This isn't at all the resolution that I needed. I stopped her right there and explained again that I expressly declined any offer that would result in me paying for something. After more convincing, they canceled the account so I wouldn't be charged again. I told them I want all the money they took from me. At first she said that she can't refund the money because my account is now closed. Clearly I didn't stand for that, as she's the one who suggested that I close the account without informing me of any consequences. I heard a muffled male voice, then she said that she could give me 4 month's worth of a refund (there were 8 in total). I told her that this isn't good enough. She then transferred me over to her supervisor who very quickly gave me a full refund which should come in the mail in 7 business days. I asked for her name and direct line so that I could call her if I don't see my money in 7 business days (and I will be calling). She gave me a number and told me that any of the supervisors that answer will be able to help me. Mary Perez 877-346-8803.

Aug 08, 2014

Actual number to cancel ts 1 800 526 4848 all conversations same as above plz keep confirmation #

Duped Consumer

Aug 01, 2014 Mayfield, Kentucky

I had the same problem. I originally reserved a car rental, and they talked me into this "advantage card" to use on the trip. We changed our mind about the car rental, and I called the number instructed for cancelling the card.
Cancellation obviously did NOT happen. First I called my bank and they were unsure what the company was, as the charge was still pending. My wife looked it up on line and found literally HUNDREDS of people complaining of the same problem we are having.
I called their direct line, 1-800-562-8888, and spoke to "Bill" and he SAID he cancelled it and gave me a cancellation number. He told me my $16.99 would be refunded in 7 to 10 business days.
That was just moments ago. ......we'll see.

Jul 22, 2014

That phone # is incorrect. The correct # is 1-800-526-4848

bamajones

Jul 19, 2014

I believe someone has turned them in to the BBB.
My membership was cancelled BEFORE any transfer of funds.
They tried to hit my bank account twice in 5 days.
They cancelled both transactions.

Maple Leaf

Jul 11, 2014 London, Ontario

Unable to contact at this number I am calling my credit card to stop. I feel scammed. Canadian customer

Jul 22, 2014

That phone # is incorrect. The correct # is 1-800-526-4848

Jun 28, 2014

I've been hit for 2 months; The first month I shrugged off but now that I see it's recurring change is must.
The only thing I think I did was rend in for a rebate on Plane tickets (which I never got because they said it wasn't offered in my state)

Jun 28, 2014

That was indeed what it was - plane tickets. I recognized the speaking protocols. When I tried to cancel, they tried to sell me more instead, clearly read from a guide. I interrupted her and told her no, that I wanted to cancel. She said she would cancel but in the user agreement it said no refunds. I said i never read the agreement because I never agreed or signed up. She said I was automatically signed up when I took a free $20 gas card. I told her I never received anything because when I tried to get the rebate, they said it wasn't available for my state so I never went through with it - she refunded my 34$

myers6978

Jun 26, 2014

their number is 1-800-526-4848

NONE

Jun 20, 2014

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME COMMENT AS THE PERSON ABOVE. FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS YOU HAVE CHARGED ME $16 FOR SOMETHING I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR. NOR DO I LICE IN SOUTH PASEDENA, FL. PLEASE RETURN ALL THE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT.

Caring Citizen

May 29, 2014

The number is 800-526-4848, not the one listed in the post. That one NEEDS TO BE CHANGED! Some poor girl is getting called all the time and it's not fair!!

Hilly

May 17, 2014 Globe, Arizona

I don't know why i'm on your list and being charged for it. please take me off of your list now and don't charge me anymore.

cowpatti

Apr 28, 2014 Chickamauga, Georgia

I just sent these people a cancellation. The phone #18005264848 keeps saying I can not call this # from a pay-phone. Are they any pay phones left. I don't know how to reach them now.

Apr 14, 2014

the correct phone # is 1 800 526-4848 someone please get that first post corrected

JOSE

Apr 14, 2014

The correct phone # is 1-800-526-4848 Someone is getting a lot of calls at the wrong number.

Jan 27, 2014

The phone# is wrong the correct # is 1-800-526-4848

1-20 of 94 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.