Shoppers Advantage - What is TLG and why do they have my money?

Jul 01, 2008
review #125961

I have been billed from TLG Shoppers Advantage. They have been billing me for a long time now. I have never heard of TLG nor have I EVER agreed to do anything with these people.

Now, I keep getting bills on my bank statements. And what do I get in return from TLG? Nothing. I have never ONCE received anything from them. And- I have called MANY times to get it to end. Has it? NO.

This seems very out exchange. Its is known all over the world that if you get something from someone or a company you get an exchange of some kind. Weather it be money or a product. I have not received a thing from this company. And I am NOT happy.

8b41561
3.2
Had an experience with Shoppers Advantage?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
anonymous

Jun 26 Denver, Colorado

I somehow got signed up against my will when i bought a ticket on cheap o air. I used my debit card and have decided after multiple attempts to cancel my card and get a new one. I probably can't get the money back 6x$16.50 but at least I can stop further charges. I'm also going to call cheap o air and give them a piece of my mind or at least ask them why they would be part of this scam. Have bought many tickets from them but never again.

Mama

Mar 04 Bronx, New York

My mother in law has been paying these scammers for over 12 years 149.99 for maybe every month. I called and they ignore you when you call them criminals. Something has to be done about these people!

Scammed

Apr 24, 2013

I was looking more carefully at my online banking, and suddenly noticed a charge that I had previously noticed, but ignored. With online banking, so many entries are abbreviated and you don't think much about it, until one day you finally notice there is an 800-number attached. I called the number and cancelled, and was given a confirmation number. Naturally, she tried to get me to keep it for whatever reason, but I firmly said "just cancel!" When I looked back through my bank records, I have been paying $16.99 per month for 7 months! I would never have agreed to something like that - no way! How on earth do these things happen? Then I looked through my emails and found the welcome email to Shoppers Advantage, but find no mention of monthly charges. I'll check back in next month to share whether or not it got permanently cancelled.

Scammed

Apr 24, 2013

I am replying to my own message from 3 minutes ago. I looked at the email again, and at the bottom, after lots of verbiage, they indicate that after the first month when you pay only $1.00, you will be billed $16.99 per month. Unfortunately, most of us usually only lightly scan those agreements, easily missing that critical informtion. I probably thought I was getting the information I wanted for $1.00. I likely wanted information right away on a particular product. I guess it's a lesson learned!

0 0 Reply
mad mad mad and even MADDER

Apr 17, 2013 Vernon, British Columbia

:(Somehow I got sucked into the same scam. I too had buyer's remorse and phoned back to cancel,I thought that was it....but lo and behold on my credit card statement the charges were there for 16 months ($300.00+). When I did this I was in Yuma and now home in Canada. Can't use the 1-800# here. Has someone checked with a lawyer? I have a lawyer cousin in Vancouver, BC, I will give her a call and see what can be done...maybe a letter from her would help. I will post what I find out. Anyway BUYER BEWARE...if it looks too good then it probably isn't real. :cry

Rosilyn Dobbins

Oct 23, 2012

you been taking my money for a long time with out my premission stop doing it do know how you got it but stay off of my money do not be chargeing my checking account no more THANK YOU :(

aacathey

Jan 30, 2013 Charlotte, North Carolina

This happened to me today and I immediately contacted my back. They refunded my money within minutes but had to cancel my debit card. If you haven't done so yet contact your bank and let them know that fraudulent activity from this company and they should refund u all the money TLG has taken from u if its a good and decent bank. Good luck!

Jennifer Sibbley

Oct 11, 2012

Yell keep takeing money out my bank makeing me over daft u have to get my money back

Allen Barker II

Jul 31, 2012

ive been getting billed for 5 months now by TLG shoppers and just found out today when my account went negitive who the *** are they and how do i get my money back or to get them to stop??????????? or who do i have to Sue because i have no problem with that military JAG will have no problem with this. :(

delym

Jul 13, 2012

i don't how this company or whatever it's suppose to be get my account no.they took money from my account yesterday when i checked the balance on card,what can be done about these scamers.

smurray19@columbus.rr.com

Jun 24, 2012

I wish to cancel this service, as I never sighned up for it. Thiis is a kind of fraud. Please delete my e-mail and snail mail immediately.

smurray19@columbus.rr.com

Jun 24, 2012

ep

Apr 17, 2012

I got a double charge from them leading to my card being declined at a store which is embarassing to the least I called my account holder and reported my account compromised and now no more charges!!

0 0 Reply
I will not tell you but will s

Apr 12, 2012

I have called these so called people 4 times now and canceled the account 3 times now and I just found out they billed me again!!!! :( I plan to let the BBB and see if I can sue their skanky butts for this!!!!

Franklin

Mar 14, 2012

I got billed 16.99 today, I cancelled my membership 3 months ago because I was not going to use their 25 bucks coupon towards the next flight, they even gave me a membership cancellation number, these guys are ***,

Merk

Mar 05, 2012

TLG Shopper and TLG Great Fun stole 19.99 each from my elderly mothers account. After 6 different phone numbers, she finally got some one to say they would give her a refund for one of the charges. We will see. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office. Give them this info: TLG Shoppers (Trilegiant Corp), 6 High Ridge Park, Stamford CT 06905, service@shoppersadvantage.com, 800-526-4848. Website is shoppersadvantage.com. Good luck.

theresa

Mar 03, 2012

i have some good news for some of you who would like to teach them a lesson on stealing our money.today i have also been hit on my account and called my lawyer right away.they can be sued for what they are doing and i intend on doing so.please dont let them get away with this.we need to stick togeather this is fraud and identity theft.whats next college funds or how about waking up to an eviction notice because they stole you rent money.fight back and let them know we are americans and yes we do have rights!!!!!GOD BLESS and good luck to all.let me know how it goes.much love the tearney family.

0 0 Reply
mad, mad, mad, and even MADDER

Apr 17, 2013 Vernon, British Columbia

I feel used and abused, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. They got over $300.00 from me, however, I am Canadian, so I am trying to get help here.

Chris

Mar 02, 2012

I signed up for a dollar from what they told me for a hundred dollar gas card and never recieved it then I called them to cancel and they said it was taken care of now I have been charged 19.99 since november. :(

TLG Travel Montvale NJ

Mar 01, 2012

There number is 1-800-222-0304. Found out the owner's name is Mike Rappapport. They are a complete rip off. Do not be surprised that when you call, they say "it's not us" and you get sent to voicemail. Keep calling back!!

1-20 of 63 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Shoppers Advantage.
Filing a new complaint about
×