Resolved

Update by user May 03, 2016

Update: I received a full refund from the company (they outsource their customer service of whom clearly have limited scope and are possibly incentivized?) Regardless, they admitted that a call had been made and also that my account continued to be charged. Refund was administered in full. Shame on me for not confirming.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2016

Wow... the exact same thing happened to me except I specifically remember calling to cancel in 2014. Of course, I did not save the confirmation number... I remember the call because the representative made it so difficult to cancel - offering promotions to keep me as a member. Additionally, I remember putting the cancellation date into my phone to remind me to cancel (I always do this to prevent this exact scenario.)

I called and shocking... there is no record of my cancellation call. I replied with the fact that they are then calling me a liar. If they went into my account, they would see that there is zero activity because I believed my account had been cancelled. Sadly, I comb through my credit card statements regularly and can't believe I missed $16.99 monthly for 22 months.

Gosh... the fraudulence gets worse. My next move was to call the credit card company and in their findings the 12 month refund they were offering was actually only 11.

Clearly their product is sub-par or they wouldn't have to resort to highway robbery.

This person wrote the review because of "fraud " of shoppers advantage account from Shoppers Advantage. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $374 and wants Shoppers Advantage to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Shoppers Advantage for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Shoppers Advantage?

Comments

I to was stuck with this company taking out there monthly fees.

I have called 3 times now.Finally got a very nice young girl.

Join. After I explained every thing to her she cancelled my membership. Altho it takes up to 7 days for the refund, and I'm almost broke.

I will keep an eye out on my checking account.Call Joni.

You should ask for the refund 2x or 3x. Insist for a refund and they will gv it to you. Call them and try.

rollo2016

You snooze, you lose. 22months???

to rollo2016 #1150648

Rollo, I agree with you to an extent; however, I question if you are condoning stealing?

Yes, I check my statements and clearly need to more thoroughly - my thought is that they change the name of the billing firm.