1.3

I keep very accurate records when I sign up for memberships so I know when to cancel. I did not know however that signing up for great fun would also sign me up for shoppers advantage (2 different memberships, 2 different billing amounts, I only agreed to one at this point I'm not sure which I originally agreed to).

Luckily for me I called to cancel and they had said the wrong name and I corrected them saying I am not signed up for that but they told me I was. So I ended up being able to cancel both because I caught this but I'm sure many people don't. Also when I called to cancel the great fun the customer service person said they work for shoppers advantage and I would need to call a different number, yet she gave me a length report on all the great benefits of great fun (even tho she supposedly had nothing to do with the company). After interrupting her several times to express I was not interested and only wanted to cancel she canceled my membership (I did not have to call a different number).

I managed to cancel both before I was billed to it will be interesting to see if I am still billed monthly, hopefully I won't be. I had signed up for 30 days free to get $50 off plane tickets. After receiving the claim for reimbursement (which I had to call and ask for because it was never sent) I read the fine lines which stated the reimbursement may take 6-8 weeks to process, membership must be active at the time of processes. Therefore I was unable to get the $50 with a free membership I would have had to pay for at least 1 month (possibly more if "processing" was slow).

Overall this is not worth any "reimbursement" they may claim to give you. Do not fall for a free trial, as the majority of the rebates take longer to process then the free membership so you will either end up paying for a monthly fee, or cancel the membership before you receive the incentive to join.

Review about: Shoppers Advantage Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Canceling my membership.

I didn't like: That they signed me up for this, Incentive can not be processed during free trial.

Comments