4K views

On June 11 2010 I discovered 12 unauthorized charges had been made to my Chase/Southwest Air Lines/Visa card - by by TLG*TRVLADV and TLG*SHOPPER. The charges were for $176.89 so far!!

I called my credit card company (Chase) and received no help, and was told I had to call TLG and cancel it myself. I asked to speak with a Chase supervisor and the representative hung up on me. Wow!

I called Trilegion TLG using an 800# I found next to one of the unauthorized charges on my visa bill. I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor at TLG was Douglas Miller (sp?) and he was quite nice. I told him I wanted a full refund and for the charges to be canceled immediately.

He said they would refund all charges if I would send a fax explaining my situation, with TLG account numbers, charge dates, my name and address to TLG SHOPPERS AND TLG TRAVELERS ADVANTAGE, attention: "Executive Support" FAX TO:800-964-8115. Or, MAIL TO: TLG Shoppers and TLG Travelers Advantage, Executive Support, P O Box 6100, Westerville OH, 43086. I did both on June 11.

Today is June 15. I had a moment, so I went online to check my Chase/Visa account and no credits had been made yet.

I searched Google and found many cases of unauthorized credit card charges reported against TLG.

I called TLG today. TLG had two different answers for me. One rep said my accounts were cancelled but they only refunded one debit in the amount of $15.99. The other rep told me they cancelled and credited 3 months but couldn't give me an amount.

So I called Chase/Visa today, and was connected with a Dispute representative named Art, who told me he opened a file on these unauthorized charges for me, and contacted TLG on my behalf while we were on the phone today. I asked if any credits had appeared on my Chase/Visa account from TLG, and he said no. He said the process might be resolved within a month.

I found a number of charges against TLG and even its involvement with Chase Bank's customers in the past, online. TLG or its parent company, Trilegion (sp?) has been sued for fraud by a number of states. Go to Consumeraffairs.com to read about these cases, and to file a report if you want.

Call your credit card company to report unauthorized charges and request to cancel future charges immediately. Call TLG at the number next to each unauthorized charge on your credit card and ask to speak to supervisors until somebody has the authority to work with you to stop these unauthorized charges and will get your refund process started.

Good luck getting your money back! I don't have any of mine back...yet.

Comments

Somebody taking money off my credit card and I don't like it $19.99 please put my money back.my name is Carmen Chauvin.

Thank you. I just found these charges too. I'm going straight to my bank.

My husband just received his bank statement and I was going over it and found this charge of $16.99 to tlg trvladg ....this is not cool and we will be seeking legal actions for this unauthorization .....who are you to just take it upon yourself to take money out of peoples accounts without permission!!!????

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #937031

I just authorized the $1 charge, then I read this. I called my bank and cancelled my debit card so no future debits can be taken by this company or any other company - not even the $1.00!! Cancel your cards and stop the unauthorized access to your account.

to TNick #937034

ANNNNDDDD! You don't have to worry about CS Reps not cancelling your membership or receiving any refunds - nip it in the bud - NOW!

They took $102 from me! Turns out there's Traveler's Advantage and Shopper's Advantage, but you must cancel BOTH separately.

I only canceled one so I was charged 6 months of $16.99.

I called 1(800)548-1116 and kindly asked to talk to their supervisor.

I spoke with Laura Neff and she assured me that I would get a full refund.

I suggest calling them to see what you can do. (I still have not received the refund, however)

Ah! Forgot to mention that the numbers for Travelers Advantage are:

1-800-648-4037

Mon-Fri, 8:30am-10pm EST

Sat, 9am-7:30pm EST

Sun, 10am-730pm EST

It may ask for your number but I'm sure they can help you even if you don't have it. Hope this helps you guys out!

Travelers Advantage from Wells Fargo. I signed up to get a $50 gift card but forgot to cancel. Doh.

Lizaliz: I just called your 866 number and it is not longer in opertion. I don't know about this class action.

But I just got two charges on my Visa from TLG, and this was not of my choice. They are still pending, so i can't do anything YET.

#302075

I have had recurring charges taken from my account as well. I'm living from pay to pay.

The bank returned some of my checks because THEY!(tlgtrvladv( had taken money out without my consent.

Now the bank charges for the returned checks. Yea, I'm mad.

navyretired99

I found a charge on my credit card today from

TLG*TRVLADV8228TLG*TRVLAD 800-3182709 CT 678382 in the amount of $12.50. I have never contacted or done business with this company. I guess I am going to do some research here.

I made reservations at Ramada Inn in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and after doing so was immediately transferred to a party who said if I signed up with them I would get $20 off when checking in, I told them I was not interested and hung up.

I noted a $1 charge from TLG*TRVLADV and then in a week another charge for $16.99 and a week later another $16.99.

I called my credit card people and was advised this is one of the newest FRAUDS running and closed my credit card to prevent further charges. I hope the Attorney General or FBI catch these crooks

lizaliz

Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Here is the information: Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: info@freedweiss.com

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!! TRILEGION Inc.

HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR ONE YEAR!!!! WE DO NOT DEAL IN CREDIT CARDS OR CREDIT TO ANYONE!!!! THE COMPANY YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT IS TRILEGIANT (TLG)!!!!!!!

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE IMPACTING A COMPANY THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROBLEM. :(

#191083

The letter above needs to be corrected. It references a company called TRILEGION which has nothing to do with credit cards but a Veteran Service disabled contract and consulting company. Please get your facts right before you impact a company that has nothing to do with this consumer.

:( Same thin has happend to me, but this has lasted 6 years and 6 month after I had cancelled my account with them. they owe me close to $950.00. I just sent them a letter and I can't wait to hear what *** they send me back.

Mount Baldy, California, United States #164721

Same thing happened to me. I just discovered criptic charges occuring monthly for the past year.

(even though i cancelled a year ago). I called them and they said they have no record of me cancelling.

I was livid but nice to them. I simply called my credit card and reported the fraud.